TOEIC Part 5 (Reading): Incomplete Sentences
Choose the word that best completes the sentences.
1. Our union representative _____ members that our rights would be defended.
2. I don't feel any ______ to give my boss more than two weeks notice when I leave.
3. Marketing specialists have conducted extensive studies of what _____ customers to a particular product.
4. Manufacturers like to know what features ______ find useful.
5. Without good _____, good products can go unsold.
6. A careful analysis of the _____ products on the market indicated that our product lacked innovation and optional features.
7. The timing belt _____ shows signs of wear after about 180,000 miles.
8. If there is any _______ of the director's involvement, we need to follow up swiftly and thoroughly.
9. It can be very helpful to consider the __________ of the manufacturer and the merchant when making a major purchase.
10. After you turn in your business plan, you will receive a written _______ of your work within two weeks.
11. It is now legal to ______ a generic brand drug for a prescription medicine if you have the patient's consent.
12. The banquet room could _______ up to 750 for dinner.
13. The association's members were asked to ____ for the special session well in advance because space in the lecture hall was limited.
14. In order to_____ you e-mail messages, you must type in your password.
15. After reviewing the schedule, I realized we had not _____ enough time for software training.
16. ______ is still a major concern for inner-city schools that want to install computers.
17. When a problem ______ frequently, it is time to reexamine the process.
18. Ms. Handa was unable to express her ______ for all that her colleagues had done for her.
19. It looks like this disk was _____ to intense heat, because it's warped and pocked.
20. There is a _________ approach to software design integration that all the big software developers are currently learning.
21. It's worth ________ in the memo that we've finished the draft of the proposal.
22. The signatures on the _________ weren't all legible because rain had caused the ink to run.
23. After each ______, you need to reread what you've written and note your suggestions for changes.
- will revise
24. The applicants who _______ will be flown to the corporate office and interviewed there.
25. The company hired a professional ___________ to fill the vacant positions.
TOEIC Part 6 (Reading): Text Completion
Thank you for buying a Flexco product. Flexco is a top name in women's clothing, and the Flexco brand carries a reputation for excellence. Customer satisfaction is out top priority, and all Flexco garments carry the Flexco guarantee. All our products must ____(1)____ to high standards. They ____(2)___ by trained professionals before they leave the factory. If your purchase is defective in any way, you must take it __(3)____ to the store for a complete refund.
- to conform
- are inspected
- have inspected
In order to stay competitive in today's market, companies must continually work to develop new products. Through ____(4)____ research, a company can ascertain what consumers are interested in buying. Then products that match those interests can be developed. Nothing should ___(5)____ about consumer interests. Product developers need ____(6)____ all the data carefully before spending money on a new product. This is only logical. Consumers will buy products that meet their needs and desires. The money and effort spent on market research will be repaid many times over by a product that sells.
- be assumed
- to examine
- will examine